Sunday, September 09, 2012

Sundays in my City #21 - Local Creativity

Well it has been a crazy busy week, and a crazier than usual weekend for us that has included 6 hours in the car, a surprise 70th birthday party (x 2), an extra bus trip with family, a visit to a winery, a walking by the lake, making daisy chains and even a spot of relaxing in the sunshine.  Of course, not much of that has been recorded yet but hopefully it will be soon.

In the meantime, is a sample of just some of the creativity I spot when I go for a wander along the river.
Under the train bridge
I love the collection of handmade ceramic tiles that are fixed to different locations along the way.



 I have to admit that I am not a huge dog person but I would love to find out who the artist is one day and thank them for providing a treasure hunt for me as I wander.   

OK, so this one isn't as creative, but it is new and quite amusing.
Graffiti on the bike path



And finally we make it to my destination, the Heavenly Queen Temple.  It is still a work in progress but so beautiful.  I can't wait until the temple is complete and open so I can really enjoy the beauty and serenity.


If you want to join in the fun of Sundays in my City too, click on over to Unknown Mami.

Unknown Mami



9 comments:

  1. The dog tiles are really neat - you're right that they'd be a fun treasure hunt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great walk you had. I look forward to the temple when it is finished

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are interesting tiles.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your week sounds very busy indeed. Great captures along your walk. It would be interesting to learn more about the artist of the dog tiles.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The dog tiles are hilarious. What a fun find.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful photos and wonderful colors.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You've been really busy!
    The dog tiles are fun...
    Have a fun week ahead! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonder who dreamed up all those dog tiles.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Whoever is making those dog tiles is really spreading delight.

    ReplyDelete

Please show that you were here and leave some comment love!