Thursday, October 11, 2012

Lucky Me

It isn't every day that I realise that I am so lucky but on a day like today - International Day of the Girl, it is important to realise that I am really really lucky.  I am lucky to live in Australia, in a country that values education and equality.  Did you know that if I was born in many other countries in the world, it is unlikely that I would be going to school.  Around the world, 1 in 3 girls don't get the chance to go to school.  In some countries, I might even be married already, to someone that I didn't even know.  I might be living in poverty and be exposed to violence.

Today I will remember just how lucky I am to be able to read, to be able to learn, to be able to go to school and live in safety.

Love Princess George

PS  If you want to learn more about how important it is for girls (and boys) to get an education you should head on over to Because I am a Girl.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please show that you were here and leave some comment love!